10 Best Natural Drinks for Both Men & Women
A good way to keep oneself hydrated and also be in with the crowd is to opt for healthy alternative drinks without the alcohol. Not only are health drinks a good accompaniment for get-togethers and special occasions, they also are beneficial in terms of health and well-being. Keeping in mind that a large section of the urbane youth nowadays is rather health conscious and would rather stay away from alcohol given an option, health drinks like Green Tea, Sherbets etc constitute the perfect alternative options.
A magazine in the US, by the name of “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” published a study which had details of ideal ways to drink while optimising nutrients and keeping diseases at bay for example, 8 cups of tea of tea to boost up antioxidants, 2 glasses of milk to maximise calcium, 13 glasses of water to step up hydration, 1 can of coca-cola for a shot of energy but limited to this much adhering to sugar levels in this aerated beverage and a glass of orange juice for vitamins. Apart from merely taking these drinks, one also needs to keep count of the sugar intake per day as it is a normal tendency to add sugar.
10 Best Natural Health Drinks with Benefits
1) TOMATO AND CARROT JUICE
This is an all-time nutritional favourite and the ingredients are easily available in one’s kitchen. Tomato and carrot just need to be grinded in a juicer/grinder and voila, the juice s ready.
Tomato and carrot juice is rich in calcium and the calcium in carrots is more n quantity than in milk or calcium tablets.
The benefits of milk are countless. People start the intake of milk at a very young age but the intake decreases as they get older thinking it is a contributor of fat in the body. Little do people know that milk is an invaluable source of vitamins and minerals.
- Glowing skin.
- Healthy Teeth and Bones.
- Muscle Development.
- Weight Loss (Skim milk only).
3) GRAPE JUICE
Nothing artificial about it, grape juice not only hydrates the body but is also devoid of artificial colourings and preservatives. Containing minimal amount of fat, grape juice contains sodium, potassium and various B-Vitamins.
- Flavonoids are good for the heart preventing heart attacks and diseases.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Antioxidants prevent aging in the skin.
- Purple grape juice aids in constipation acting as a laxative.
- Improves immunity system.
4) LEMON JUICE
Rather simple to prepare requiring only lemons, cold water and salt and sugar to taste, this health drink is an all-time favourite. Lemons have many useful substances such as Vitamin C (most profound), calcium, magnesium and pectin among others that boosts immunity and protects against diseases.
- Aids n benefits.
- As a bathing aid, it prevents skin diseases.
- Used as a poultice it prevents skin infections.
5) GREEN TEA
Available commercially in markets, all one needs is sachets of green tea and warm water to prepare this concoction. Originating in China, this wonderful drink has made its way to other parts of the world as a health drink.
- Prevents heart diseases.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Antioxidant properties makes skin glowing.
- Reduces risk of cancer.
6) FRUIT SMOOTHIES
Fruit smoothies can be easily made at home, requiring fruits and a base such as yogurt, milk or water. Making one’s own fruit smoothies at home can be a fun-filled activity and also an innovative way to enjoy fruits. Just mix the ingredients in a juicer/blender and add sugar and water to taste.
- Tropical fruits like kiwi and pomegranate are rich in Vitamin C and aid digestion.
- A combination of fruits and milk and fruits provide plenty of flavonoids.
- Plenty of fibre to wash away the toxins.
7) BANANA SHAKE
In a juicer/blender, mix all the ingredients (banana, milk and sugar) and mix till smooth and add ice as per requirement.
- Milk and bananas make up for good calcium and also vitamins.
- Milk has the proteins while bananas the fiber.
- The combination satiates the need for those sweet tooth cravings.
8) MANGO SHAKE
The king of fruits as they call it is not only popular with its magnificent taste and flavour but also for its nutritional content. Milk, mango and sugar are the only ingredients needed and not such calorie conscious people also add a dollop of ice-cream for that extra bit of sinful pleasure.
- Mango contains flavonoids.
- Mango contains Vitamin A, C, alpha carotene an beta carotene.
- Mango contains moderate amount of copper needed for many vital enzymes.
9) CRANBERRY JUICE
The no cuss and fuss fruit juice is an accompaniment for all kinds of cuisines. It is real fruit juice and not a cocktail.
- Prevents heart stokes and attacks.
- Rich in flavonoids and Vitamin B12’s and Vitamin C.
- Reduces Dental Plague.
- Kidney stone prevention.
10) POMEGRANATE JUICE
As a saying in India, one pomegranate cures 100 deadly diseases. Starting from body weakness to severe lung cancer. Even a healthy man or woman can drink this juice on a daily basis to make the immune system more and more stronger.
- Helps in treating almost all types of cancers specially Lung cancer and prostate cancer.
- Helps in reducing serum cholesterol.
- Increases more pure blood in the body by removing infection.
- Enriched with vitamin C & Vitamin K.
All of the above natural drinks are very readily available in most of the countries especially in India. You can add them to your lifestyle anytime you want to say healthy, focused & fit.