10 Drinks to Control Your Diabetes
Diabetes is a very common disease which is now found in almost every household. It demands a lot of dietary restrictions and physical exercise to keep diabetes in check. If left untreated then diabetes might show itself as a silent killer. Apart from daily medicines, it is necessary to maintain a balanced diet and do some physical activities daily.
People suffering from diabetes are not even allowed to consume much of aerated and carbonated drinks as they contain high quantity of glucose.
Certain drinks have been listed below, which are safe for patients suffering from diabetes to consume. In fact, they are also beneficial for their health and can keep their diabetes in control. Even if you are not diabetic, these drinks might help you a lot to avoid diabetes in future.
- The first and foremost drink that deserves a mention is natural water. It is very essential to drink adequate water to maintain the electrolyte balance in the body. Diabetes patients oftentimes experience dryness of lips and mouth and hence, it is very essential to drink adequate water to prevent dehydration.
- Milk is a very important drink which is not only meant for kids. Diabetic patients are advised to intake a glass of milk each day as it is a rich source of calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamins and a lot more. Research has shown that it is extremely beneficial for people who suffer from type II diabetes.
- Another good drink to treat Diabetes is herbal tea. Herbal tea or green tea is very efficient to combat diabetic symptoms as well. It is good for diabetic patients to consume one or two cups of herbal tea per day. However, it must be remembered that too much consumption might lead to adverse affects!
- It is advisable for diabetic patients to drink coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk. These have low carbohydrate content and hence, are not harmful for the body. Moreover, since, there is some amount of fat content in the drink; it helps in lowering down the blood sugar level.
- Aloe-vera juice is one of the most popular drinks for people suffering from diabetes. Aloe vera has numerous health benefits and is extremely beneficial for the skin, liver, digestive system, and metabolism and so on. It is known to lower blood lipids or fats which check the blood sugar level. Also, it fast cures injuries which otherwise take a long time to heal, for patients suffering with diabetes.
- Vegetable juices are good for diabetic patients. Especially carrot and spinach juices are beneficial for controlling and maintaining the blood sugar levels. They are a rich source of vitamins and minerals which provide adequate nutrients to the body.
- Pomegranate juice is one extremely beneficial drink that all diabetic patients should consume. It has useful enzymes and control lipids which check the blood sugar levels. It is also helpful for preventing cholesterol.
- Coconut water is a very good natural drink which is a rich source of natural sodium and electrolytes. It is a good alternative to artificial sports drinks which are not good for diabetic patients to consume because of the added sugar. Coconut water is a safe drink and can be consumed without hesitance.
- Starting your day with a glass of warm water with lemon is extremely beneficial for all people. It flushes out toxins from the body and has antioxidants which are necessary for the body.
- Try to consume more vegetable juices rather than fruit juices, since; they have a richer content of fibre. These are beneficial for diabetic patients as fibre is good for health.
The drinks that are listed above are safe for people with diabetes to consume. Since, there are many dietary restrictions for people suffering with diabetes, these drinks are not only safe to consume, and they also have a lot of health benefits. However, it must be remembered that a balanced diet and physical exercise is extremely necessary for people who have diabetes. Also, it is important not to give food gaps which are likely to aggravate blood sugar levels.
Thus, together with a healthy lifestyle, physical exercise and activity, and a balanced diet, it is possible to keep diabetes under control. These drinks listed above can easily be incorporated in the list.