12 Great Health Advantages of Drinking Warm Water
Water is usually drunk at normal temperature or cold during summer season. None of us willingly drink hot or warm water, probably because not many of us are aware of its health benefits and positive impacts. Drinking warm water on a regular basis has several health benefits and positive impacts.
In countries where the usual temperature is hot and humid, people always opt for cold water instead of hot water. For this reason, the benefits of drinking warm water have been shared below for a better understanding of its health impacts:
- Drinking warm water improves the digestive system of the body. It helps in better secretion of enzymes, thereby, helping in proper metabolism. Also, it helps in faster breaking down of food which speeds the process of digestion.
- Drinking warm water also helps in flushing out toxins from the body. Drinking a glass of warm water in the morning with lemon juice and honey flushes out toxins from the body. Usually after exercise and morning walks, people drink this for maximum effects and benefits.
- The inside temperature of the stomach is usually high and drinking warm water helps to keep the food in semi-liquid form. Apart from faster digestion, it helps in releasing the food into the small intestine.
- People who suffer from acidity must drink warm water to relieve themselves from the symptoms. Usually acidity problems get aggravated after consuming oily food. Warm water in neutralization and prevention of acidity.
- People who reside in hot and humid places drink cold water for refreshment. It would come as a shock to them to know that drinking warm water would be more beneficial for them. Drinking warm water speeds and initiates the process of perspiration which is very essential for people who stay in hot places. Perspiration and sweating not only cools the body but also helps in flushing out toxins.
- Warm water is also beneficial for the circulatory system of the body. It purifies the blood stream and helps in proper bowel movements. Therefore, people who are suffering from constipation should drink warm water regularly for maximum benefits. If this is done along with some physical activities then people do not need to depend on laxatives any longer.
- If you are prone to suffer from any kind of infections – respiratory, gastrointestinal or any other – then, drinking warm or hot water will be immensely beneficial for you. Hot water helps in preventing and curing infection in a natural way. Especially, if you have throat infection, drinking warm water gives a lot of relief.
- People who are trying to lose weight or are in a weight loss programme should consider drinking hot or warm water instead of water at regular temperature. It helps in faster burning of calories and therefore, helps in speedy loss of weight. It is recommended to drink warm water at regular intervals for people who wish to lose weight.
- Those who are prone to cold, fever and flu, should consider drinking warm and hot water as it soothes the throat, clears congestion (nose and chest) and helps in maintaining normal body temperature.
- The greatest benefit of drinking warm water is that, it hydrates the body and prevents it from getting dehydrated. It not only flushes out wastes and toxins from the body but also helps in proper functioning of the kidneys. It aids in better metabolism and biochemical reactions in the body.
- Hot water is very effective for relieving body pain. Those who suffer from menstrual cramps can consider drinking a glass of hot water with carom seeds. It also aids to relieve headache, stomach ache, body pain and so on.
- Drinking warm water can also be very beneficial for your skin. Especially, if you live in colder regions, then drinking warm water can help you to retain the moisture of your skin for a longer time. It can, thus, help to maintain a healthy skin.
Therefore, warm or hot water has numerous benefits and positive health impacts. If somebody can drink it on a regular basis then it will be advantageous. Most of us prefer drinking cold and chilled water but the benefits of drinking warm water should not be neglected.