5 Hour Energy Drink : Founder, Ingredients & Side Effects
5 Hour Energy Drink is a product of Living Essentials Marketing LLC which is one of the leading manufacturers of energy drinks in USA with its 5 hour energy drink. Most of the energy drinks produced by this juice manufacturer contain amino acids, multivitamins especially vitamin B3 and caffeine. The company is situated in Farmington Hills, MI 48331.
The company operates not only USA but also in Canada, Spain, Portugal, UK, South Africa and Netherlands. Company founded in 2000 operates through its online stores as well in addition to the retail outlets, drug stores, grocery stores, etc.
About the Founder
Manoj Bhargawa is a well known Indian-American corporate name especially popular for his company Living Essentials LLC that manufactures 5 Hour Energy Drink. He is a philanthropist as well and this is where he has already pledged 99% of his income towards the well being and development of the poor and the underdeveloped. singh American
Let’s take a sneak peek at the main ingredients added into the 5 hour energy drink.
Here they are :-
- B3 (Niacin)
- B9 (Folic Acid)
- Malic Acid
Nutrition Facts (Health Benefits)
1) Vitamin B6 in 5 Hour Energy Drink, helps build new cells in addition to managing many chemical reactions in the human body. In order to accelerate protein production, B6 boosts amino acid production. In order to help readily process carbohydrates to bring forth energy shots, vitamin B12 has been added.
2) Niacin is one of those very important vitamins that boost usable energy production by converting proteins and carbohydrates. Commonly found in green leafy vegetables, beans etc.
3) Folates or Folic acid in 5 hour energy drink helps giving birth to fresh and new cells in the body. For proper brain functioning and synthesis of phosphatidyl choline, Citicoline has been added into the 5 hour energy drink.
4) Tyrosine is one of those very important amino acids added in 5 hour energy drink. It helps boosting the transmission system of the nervous system.
5) 5 hour energy drink contains Phenylalanine which is responsible for creating healthful alertness and activeness.
6) Taurine is an essential energy producing element added in the 5 hour energy drink that is helpful in processing different types of elements found in human body in addition to strengthening and building the cell membranes.
7) Malic Acid is usually found in the fruits and helps in converting the carbohydrates into the usable energy shots. In order to cover dizziness, sleepiness and inactivity in the human body, the natural metabolite Glucuronolactone works great.
8) Caffeine is one of the essential ingredients of a regular 5 hour energy drink which helps create alertness and extra activity.
A) The regular 5 hour energy drink is available in following different types of fruity flavors:
- Citrus Lime
- Pink Lemonade
B) When it comes to the Extra strength 5 hour energy flavors, here are the ones:
- Sour Apple
C) Decaf 5 hour energy drink is available in citrus flavor only.
5 Hour Energy Drinks is most often used for :
- When you’re looking for the immediate energy requirements, the 5 hour energy drink can do the best. People give it good ratings for faster energy recovery.
- In order to keep alert and sleepless for hours to come and stay fresh throughout, this drink goes a long way in helping with this.
- In order to live a fresher and energy packed day, 5 hour energy drink can help.
- Taking a regular 5 hour energy drink can give you an active and alert long drive.
- Also taking it before gym workout helps meeting the energy requirements too.
There are good reviews about how 5 hour energy drink tastes like. Unlike other energy drinks, it tastes better. At the same time, some reviews also suggest bitter tastes for some flavors like berry and grapes.
5 Hour Energy Drink Side Effects
Like other energy drinks on the earth, this energy drink also poses some threats or side effects when consumed in not favorable situations. Here are some of the main side effects of it.
1) Huge amount of caffeine in 5 hour energy drink is something that warns its use. It contains almost 210mgs of caffeine that equals the amount of caffeine found in a 12 ounce coffee mug. This huge amount of caffeine can result into nausea, anxiousness, headache, rapid or irregular heart beat and dehydration.
In some severe cases, seizures can also be experienced.
2) It contains large amount of vitamins and other amino acids that can be hard to consume for some and might result into serious health concerns.
3) Niacin flush is one of the most common side effects associated with the intake of 5 hour energy drink. Different versions of 5 hour energy drinks may have 30-40mgs of Niacin.
4) You can’t intake 5 hour energy drink without taking into consideration the LABEL that suggest when to use it and when not to use it. It might come out to be dangerous to life in some serious health conditions.
Daily Use Limit
5 hour energy drink isn’t recommended for children and pregnant women. Only two cans of 5 hour energy drink makes the maximum daily intake limit. Adverse health effects can be observed in case of exceeded daily limit.
Death News Associated with 5 Hour Energy Drink
As per a special report by NY Times, there have been reported at least 13 deaths that have links to the 5 hour energy drink. The report covers 4 years of time period for the deaths.
A regular 5 hour energy shot drink is available for $3 and you can save more by buying bulk counts from popular online stores like Amazon and Walmart.
Total Sales till now
The company has sited enormous growth in its sales and it has reached as high as $1 billion till now.