Bournvita : Ingredients, Health Benefits And Side Effects
Bournvita, a widely popular health drink currently being sold at a very large scale in India, is actually chocolate malted mixture manufactured by Cadbury Ltd. It is also being sold North America and Europe, as well as in countries like Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nepal and India.
This drink was named ‘ Bournvita’ by Cadbury. The name was derived from the model village of Bournville, where the chief factory of Cadbury is located. It is one of the most trusted and popular health drinks in India. It was launched in the market in the year 1948 and is one among the oldest brands which are in the milk supplements and malted beverages section.
Today Bournvita is very popular among mothers and children. It has, with time, adapted itself to various changes and has introduced a number of variants to the original Bournvita.
Some of them are – Bournvita Five Star, which has the flavor of cadbury five star chocolate, Bournvita Lil’ Champs, which is meant for kids under the age of five, and Bournvita for Women, which has been designed for women who are under forty years of age.
Bournvita Ingredients :
The ingredients of this popular health drink are – Malt extract, cocoa solids, sugar, caramel ( E 150 ), milk solids, emulsifiers, liquid glucose, minerals, vitamins, raising agents ( E 500 ), liquid vanilla flavor and salt. It contains some artificial substances and flavor.
Two heaped tablespoons of Bournvita mixed with a mug of milk provides around 35 calories, 8g of the total carbohydrate, 45mg of Potassium, 25mg of Sodium, 1g of protein, 6g of sugars, 8 percent of the daily Vitamin A, 10 percent of the daily iron, 30 percent of the daily Vitamin C, 15 percent of daily Zinc, and 10 percent of daily Magnesium to the body. It also contains proHealth Vitamins like Vitamins B9, B12, B2 and Vitamin D which keeps a person strong and healthy.
Bournvita offers a large number of health benefits to the body and is considered beneficial for the healthy growth and development of children.
Health Benefits of Bournvita :
- It can increase the physical endurance of a child and enhance the immune system of the body.
- It boosts the reaction time of a person.
- It improves the mental alertness and power of concentration of a person, thus increasing the power of learning.
- It increases the over-all well-being of a child by providing him or her with the energy and vigor which is required in order to achieve good health of mind and body.
- It improves the stamina of a child by supplying him or her with added energy.
- It helps in eliminating waste products and toxins from the body.
- Bournvita Lil’ Champs contains core ingredients like whey proteins and DHA which is recommended by doctors for the healthy development of children under the age of five years.
- It has been observed that children who are regular consumers of Bournvita have a higher intake of calcium compared to children who consume plain milk.
Although Bournvita has a wide array of health benefits, it also has a number of side effects.
Buy Bournvita at discounted price (Use below link only)
Possible Side effects of Bournvita are :
- It is high in sugar content, and it has been stated by many medical professionals that the short-term boost of energy that it provides to the body can result in dehydration and lethargy in the long run.
- As Bournvita contains a lot of sugar and chocolate, it increases the danger of cavities and tooth decay in its consumers.