Cannabis Energy Drink Review : Ingredients & Side Effects
The Company, titled the Cannabis Energy Drink officially released its one and only product during the year 2013, and therefore, is considered one of the newbies in the world of energy drinks, considering the fact that most well established energy drinks are at least five years old.
Released in several parts of the world, including the United States, Africa, Mexico, parts of Asia, the United Kingdom and Spain, this particular energy drink was initially targeted mostly towards the younger generation, particularly college going students.
Some of the ingredients in the Cannabis Energy Drink, according to the label on the can, are as follows:
- Carbonated water
- Hemp Seed extract
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Sodium citrate
- Citric acid
- Pyridoxine HCL
- Calcium – Pantothenate
- Natural and artificial flavors
- Artificial Coloring
- According to the label on the back of the Cannabis energy drink, each serving of 250 ml of the drink consists of 100 mg of sodium, less that 1 g of protein, 28 g of carbohydrates, 27 g of sugar and 110 units of calories.
- Glucuronolactone, which is an important ingredient in the Cannabis energy drink, is very good at fighting against muscular fatigue when the body is performing heavy physical activities, as well as fight against the build-up of harmful toxic byproducts as a result of physical activities. That is why it is a common ingredient in most energy drinks.
- It has also been seen, in a few scientific studies, that Glucuronolactone has the ability to improve mental concentration as well as memory power.
Available Flavors :
The Cannabis Energy drink is available to the public in three major flavors:
- Cannabis Classic
- Cannabis Light
- Cannabis Mango
Most commonly used for :
- The Cannabis energy drink, supposedly, can be used at any time during the day, but is especially recommended that you use it when you are feeling tired and lethargic, but cannot afford to go to sleep.
- It is said to improve the overall alertness of the individual drinking it, and therefore, can be used as a small boost for the tired minds. That is why it is mostly targeted towards youngsters, who need to study.
- Since it contains a punch of energy, it can also be used during or before any gym sessions, workout routines and any other such physical activities, especially when there are chances of muscle fatigue.
- The Cannabis Energy drink can also be used by people to help them concentrate better, at any point during the day.
Taste review :
Most of the users who have tasted the Cannabis Energy Drink, have said that it tastes and smells quite similar to the Red Bull Energy drink.
Side effects :
1) Comparatively more sugar than any energy drink
Each can of the Cannabis energy drink consists of 27 grams of sugar, which is, if you consider your entire eating routine throughout the day, is quite high. Therefore, it can definitely lead to problems like obesity, high blood cholesterol and so on.
2) High 80 mg Caffeine per 250 ml
Too much of the caffeine in the Cannabis energy drink can severely affect the Central Nervous System (CNS) by causing headaches. Long term caffeine use also causes dependency and high tolerance levels in the body, and symptoms of withdrawal include anxiety, depression, jitters, sleep deprivation and so on.
3) Further affects relating to caffeine
Caffeine is also known to affect your entire digestive system by increasing the amount of acid in the stomach, and thereby destroying the delicate pH balance and killing the “good bacteria” in the gut. Therefore, if you have stomach problems and ulcers, too much of the Cannabis energy drink can make it worse.
4) Mixing with Alcohol is more dangerous to health
The Cannabis energy drink should never ever be mixed or drunk in direct combination with alcoholic beverages. This is because both the energy drink as well as the alcohol will have a diuretic effect on the body, that is, your body starts to lose water. Tolerance level is also increased, which leads to even more consumption of the energy drink and alcohol at the same time.
5) Nitrogen Imbalance due to excess Taurine
The basic constituent of taurine, which is a key ingredient in the Cannabis energy drink, is nitrogen. When you consume too much of the energy drink, the natural nitrogen balance in your body is hampered leading to kidney damage.
Daily use limit:
It is advised that since the drink contains 27 grams of sugar, you should not have more than three servings of it in a single day.
Death News Associated with the Drink:
So far, there have been no reported or recorded cases of any deaths or hospitalization having occurred due to the consumption of the Cannabis energy drink.
One pack of the Cannabis Energy Drink, consisting of a total of 24 cans, each of 250 ml, costs a total of $39.