Cloud 9 Energy Drink : Ingredients & Side Effects
One of India’s newest energy drink brands, Cloud 9 is marketed and sold solely by the multinational company Goldwin Healthcare Pvt Ltd, and was established in the year 2005. Today, Cloud9, the energy drink is available in more than 80,000 outlets across the country.
Although it initially started out with the production of energy drinks, over time due to its increasing popularity and rising demand among the young customers, which forms a major part of its entire client base, Cloud 9 is also introducing an array of caffeine free drinks and packaged water.
According to Cloud 9’s official website, their energy drink consists of the following listed ingredients:
- Citric Acid
- Carbonated Water
- Trimagnesium Citrate
- B group Vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Reconstituted apple juice.
Nutrition Facts :
- One can of Cloud 9 consists of 163 calories, which is really good in case you need a quick burst of energy. The calorie content is optimum for players and the ones who have an intense workout routine.
- Inositol contained in Cloud 9 energy drink is usually very good for high blood pressure, increased levels of triglycerides in the blood as well as abnormally high levels of the hormone testosterone.
- Glucuronolactone, according to some studies, helps in the process of flushing out harmful toxins from the body. It also acts as a pain reliever of the joints.
- Taurine is a natural essential building block of protein, of which your muscles are made, and therefore, good for muscle development.
Available Flavors :
Well, recently they’ve launched 4 new flavours which makes it a total of 6 variants now. Here the available flavours of Cloud 9 energy drink :
- Regular flavor
- Citrus Mix
- Watermelon lime
- Berry mix
- Wild berry
- Green apple
Most Commonly Used for:
- Cloud 9 is used to stay awake and alert for a long period of time, and that is why it is used by youngsters during exam times.
- The Cloud 9 energy drink is also extremely popular during workout sessions as it packs a whole lot of calories and carbs for all the heavy exercises.
- Very good and ideal for the ones who do not like to eat before their morning runs and workout routines.
- Used to replenish lost water from the body, and thereby prevent the muscles from tiring themselves out due to prolonged dehydration due to excessive sweating.
- Prolonged overuse of Cloud 9 can lead to Inositol buildup in the body, which can result in nausea, spasms and tumor formation in the body.
Ever since its introduction in 2005, Cloud 9 has been very well received, especially by youngsters, who are quite taken with its taste.
Side Effects :
1) High in Caffeine : Like most energy drinks, Cloud 9 has a large amount of caffeine, which is unsafe when taken in large quantities for a prolonged period of time. Prolonged caffeine consumption creates dependence and when denied, can make people go into withdrawal.
2) Definitely not for People with AIDS : It has been said by doctors that people with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) should not consume caffeine in large quantities because it can make their sleeping problems even worse over time.
3) Too much sugar : The energy drink also contains large amounts of sugar, which is not good for the body, especially for people suffering from chronic disorders like diabetes or hyperinsulemia. For the ones who do not have anything, it can lead to obesity, higher levels of glucose in the blood, increased risk of coronary disorders and even thyroid.
4) Risks of shock : Too much of consumption of Cloud 9 can have a reverse effect and make your body go into shock due to over hydration.
5) Not Safe of Pregnant women : Cloud 9 is not safe for use by pregnant women because not only is it harmful for the expecting mother, but also for the unborn baby, as it can lead to heavy bleeding and miscarriage.
6) Affects Nervous system : Excess consumption of caffeine, can cause long term damage to your nervous system, leading to sever shaking and developing anxiety and mood disorders.
7) Just a temporary solution for less Energy : While it gives you an instant pocket of energy, a few hours later, such energy drinks can leave you feeling fatigued and devoid of any energy. That is why energy drinks like Cloud 9 are only temporary solutions to loss of energy.
Daily Use Limit:
Since one can, which is of 250 ml, consists of 163 units of calories, you should not consume more than three cans of Cloud 9. Read the instructions behind the can for further information.
Death News Associated with the Drink :
So far, there have been no reports of complain of deaths have resulted as a consequence of consuming Cloud 9 energy drink.
Each can of 250 ml costs Rs. 70 and each can of 175 ml costs Rs. 45.
Total Sales till now :
As such, Cloud 9 has not really sold that many products, owing to stiff competition against Red Bull.