Cocaine Energy Drink Review : Ingredients & Side Effects
Introduced during the month of September in 2006 by Redux Beverages, the Cocaine energy drink was banned for a short while because the FDA felt that it was a way of promoting a street drug as a common household product. Then, the company began working on the name, which was later changed to “No Name”, and was sold under this legal name from June 17 of 2007.
However, the drink is still available in large parts of Europe where it is still being sold under the name “Cocaine”.
Some of the major ingredients in Cocaine energy drink are listed below :
- Carbonated Water
- Citric Acid
- Sodium Citrate
- Sodium Benzoate
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Potassium Sorbate
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Guarana Seed Extract
Nutrition Facts :
- Cocaine energy drink is given its sweet taste with the use of simple sugar dextrose, rather than the high fructose corn syrup that is mostly used in other energy drinks. This means that Cocaine has less fattening effect than other drinks.
- Taurine, which forms a key element in the Cocaine energy drink, is also used in supplements because of its property to help conditions such as congenital heart failure, high blood pressure and high cholesterol among others.
- Cynocobalamin, which is a manmade version of Vitamin B12, is used to treat cases of low blood pressure, and is essential in maintain the immune system of the body as well keep the red Blood Cells (RBCs) in the blood healthy.
- Guarana is a natural herb used to enhance athletic performance since it is natural stimulant and also has some potential weight loss properties, according to some studies.
Caffeine content :
The energy drink contains 280 mg caffeine per can. The per can serves 8.4 fl. oz or 250 ml that makes it 33.3 mg/fl. oz. Comparatively this much caffeine makes it stronger than any other ordinary energy drink.
Available Flavors :
Since its modification, Cocaine energy drink is available in two major flavors:
Most Commonly Used for :
- Cocaine energy drink is used to stimulate and enhance athletic performance both on and off the field.
- The caffeine contained in it acts as a stimulant and gives a packed punch of energy to the drinking, and also reduces muscular and mental fatigue.
- In some cases, the drink has also shown certain weight loss properties, and has helped or aided in weight loss workouts.
- For the ones who have to play under the harsh sun, this drink may acts as a source of refreshment and immediate hydration, thereby preventing muscle cramps and increasing stamina.
Taste review :
The cinnamon version has a “throat burning” effect and is therefore, for the extreme individuals. Other than that, the cherry flavored energy drink is preferred by people.
Cocaine Energy Drink Side Effects :
1) Prolonged use can induce sleeping disorders
Prolonged use of Cocaine energy drink can lead to severe sleeping problems, since it has too much caffeine as well as other powerful stimulants. Specialists say that in some cases, a person may even develop a case of insomnia, sleeping disorders and other such problems.
2) This much Caffeine can even alter your nervous system
The caffeine content in the Cocaine energy drink can lead to severe emotional stress among some users, the effects of which may include panic attacks, paranoia, emotional instability, depression and even anxiety attacks. If used even after that, it can severely compromise with a person’s emotional stability.
3) After Effects can make you lethargic
As soon as the caffeine wears off, as is the case with most caffeinated energy drinks, the person suffers from muscular fatigue and a sense of lethargy, which happens due to the build-up of lactic acid in the muscles. Sometimes, this causes muscle spasms and muscle cramps. This is why caffeine is treated only as a temporary fix for energy.
4) Diuretic Effects
Some of the stimulants in the Cocaine energy drink are also diuretic in effect, that is, they cause frequent urination in the individual. This, in turn, can lead to dehydration, which may also cause the imbalance of the pH level in the body as well as electrolyte levels in the blood.
You should never work out after consuming too much of it, because the dehydration coupled with the water loss from the body due to sweating can be very dangerous for your body.
5) May affect overall performances
As a result of sleeping problems, the persona may whether gain weight or lose weight rapidly, may have recurring poor performances in their personal lives as well as in their workplaces, which in turn may lead to anxiety and depression.
The best alternative, doctors suggest, is sleep and nothing should ever cut into your eight hours.
Daily Use Limit :
Since 250 ml of Cocaine energy drink contains 750 mg of Taurine, the company suggests that you do not drink more than one serving of it in a day.
Death News Associated with the Drink :
So far, there have been so reported cases of deaths or even hospitalizations occurring due to Cocaine energy drink.
A 24 pack of the Cocaine energy drink costs $24.95.