Complan Drink – Ingredients, Benefits & Side Effects
Complan, a worldwide famous milk supplement brand aims to provide complete nutrition to children and adults. Complan is now a sub-brand owned by Heinz in India. Originated from the British parent company Complan foods in year 1954, the brand was acquired by Heinz in 1994 in India.
The drink gained a large amount of popularity in India by targeting mother’s and their growing children as their main consumers of the product, where mother’s ensure that their kid is consuming all vital nutrients necessary for a growing human body in form of milk supplement which not only adds flavor to the milk but provides their kids complete nutrition as well as 100% milk proteins which helps body in growing faster.
The health drink held 4th rank among the most nutritional brands as per the latest reports generated by Brand Trust Report.
Complan Nutritional Information
The company aims at providing a milk based health drink which contains all 34 vital nutrients that is required by the body for the required physical and mental growth (specially for kids and babies). The complan powder takes the advantage of organic milk protein and adds some more nutrients to it, to make it a complete food supplement in one drink.
Let’s go in more details about the content and various health benefits you can have by drinking Complan health drink.
Complan Ingredients :
Talking about the contents in Complan, we have the following ingredients on the list. As per the new composition of Complan which was updated in December 2013 to reduce the fat contents :
- Milk Solids (54.8%)
- Peanut Oil
- Sugar & lactose
- Vegetable oil
- Betroot Juice powder
- Sodium Chloride, Selenite, Molybdate & Chromate
- Glucose syrup & dextrose
- Fat reduced cocoa powder
- Natural & Artificial Flavors
- Magnesium & Ferrous Sulphate
- Potassium Iodate
- Folic Acid
- Inositol & Torine
- Thickener (xanthan gum)
- Various Vitamins & Mineral mix (Potassium Dihydrogen phosphate).
Complan Health Benefits :
1) Natural Milk Protein : The drink is milk based, not malted and hence provides 100% of milk protein efficiently to body as compared to other proteins derived from other sources such as wheat and barley. So, basically you are taking 100% natural protein.
2) Improves Immunity : Complan has got 11 immunity boosting nutrients which only helps you sustain immunity and resists you from falling ill frequently. The better immunity you’ve got, the healthier you are.
3) High in Calories : You get 419KJ for every 100g of Complan, these calories play an important role to keep your body active all day and helps you in improving your physical performance. The calories in complan provides enough amount of energy required for whole day routine.
4) Improves Metabolism : Regular use of Complan stabilizes metabolism which enhances overall performance of body maintaining healthy blood, balancing fluids, improving cell growth, strengthening bones, teeth and inflating vision.
5) Aids in Body Growth : It not only helps in growing height but also accelerates overall body growth with regular consumption along with regular diet.
6) Gives more power to brain : Ingredients like Iodine, Iron & Vitamin B12 improves functioning of brain, leading to mental alertness and concentration upgrading the memorizing power of the child.
You won’t easily get to know the side effects of this health powder, but we have found out some for you. These side effects that might sound common to you but you shouldn’t ignore them!!
Lesser known Side Effects of Complan :
1) High in Sugar content : Since, the sugar content in Complan is quite high (29 gram in every 100 gram) and people mixes it with milk with already sugar in it, so this increases sugar content to somewhere above average.
Taking this high quantity of sugar everyday can lead to sugar related disease for sure.
and therefore, it is recommended that the sugar content must be kept low or don’t mix additional sugar at all.
2) Weight gain : The high quantity of carbohydrates and calories in the Complan health powder is enough for your kid to give him/her the right amount of energy required. However, failing to burn the same calories can be easily converted into fats and can make him/her overweight.
3) Tooth Decay : It is also common among kids, if teeth are not given proper care than taking this flavored milk powder (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry etc.) and high sugar intake on everyday basis may mess up badly with the teeth.
Available Flavors in Complan :
Complan comes along a variety of flavors which satisfies the taste buds of almost every individual. To serve the purpose of ready made milkshakes, you can enjoy the drink anywhere by just mixing 3 things : sugar, milk and Complan powder.
The different types of flavors that are available in the market are as follows :
- Complan Chocolate
- Complan Kesar Badam
- Complan Pista Badam
- Complan Strawberry
- Complan Natural
- Complan Kulfi
- Complan Mango