Glucon D : Benefits, Ingredients & Side Effects
Glucon D, the so called instant energy drink specially made for summers. The product is manufactured by heinz, a U.S. based company founded in 1869, most commonly known for its famous tomato ketchup.
The company entered India in 1994 with its world famous product Glucon D. Very few years after its launch, it quickly captured the Indian market, and as of now it has become the top selling energy drink in India.
Glucon D, a glucose based beverage known for its quick absorption and gives instant energy. Unlike other energy drinks, its doesn’t contain any caffeine or any other chemical that may affect the body. Without going any further, lets jump into the various health benefits you can have by drinking 1 glass of Glucon D.
Glucon D contains 99.4% of Glucose, it is basic ingredient of this product. Rest includes flavor part. Some coloring and a particular flavor is also mixed with the raw glucose to make it drinkable and more tasty.
So, the ingredients are as follows :
a) 99.4% Glucose.
Glucon D Health Benefits :
1) Instant Energy drink : Got tired on a summer day or got too fed with office work ? This is the drink. As it contains 99.4% glucose, which is a carbohydrate that fulfills the energy requirement of the body. Glucon D is known to be absorbed by body within minutes and releasing energy quite enough to give you an energy boost.
2) Cools your body down : It is also very important to keep your body temperature low on summer days, Glucon D does it for you. Drink a glass of Glucon D and it instantly lowers your body temperature.
3) Makes your healthier : Glucon D basically contains glucose & sugar, which also counts to increase your calories. If you are slim and trying to be healthy, getting more calories from Glucon D will be a better opportunity.
4) Good for dehydration : There are a few body types that gets dehydrated very often. For them, Glucon D is the deal. It instantly gets dissolved in the body along with the water and prevents your body from getting dehydrated too often.
Glucon D Side Effects :
However, Glucon D is not directly linked with health problems, but taking it without the precautions can drag you into a few problems. Here are a few side effects of Glucon D that you are must be aware of.
1) Not made for fatty people : As it contains sugar, if your body don’t require more sugar then the extra sugar will be converted into fat and will make you obese. So, it is generally not advised for people who are already fatty. They should find some other alternative than Glucon D.
2) Not advised on a daily basis : Most of your food items and drinks already contains more than required sugar and if still you are taking Glucon D on a daily basis, then it certainly will increase the sugar level. Increased sugar level is directly linked with diabetes, so it has to be limited.
But it is good for like 10 times a month or so, but definitely not recommended for a daily basis.
Heinz has proudly launched 4 flavors of Glucon D in the Indian market after seeing its exponential sales growth. The flavors are as follows :
1) Glucon D Original
2) Glucon D Tangy Orange Flavour
3) Glucon D Nimbu Pani Flavour
4) Glucon D Aam Panna Flavour.