How to Eat Custard Apple & Health Benefits
Custard apples are small sweet fruit that can be bought at many food stores. They’re filled with nutrients and vitamins, and considered one of the healthiest foods a person can eat. Though many people around the world eat custard apples, many don’t quite realize the health benefits associated with these tiny fruits.
How to Eat Custard Apple
The best way to eat a custard apple is to cut the fruit in half and scoop out the moist, fleshy inside. The inside of the fruit should be white, and should smell sweet. The easiest way to tell whether or not the fruit is ripe is to look at the skin—if it’s green, you should be good to go. If it’s purple or black, then it’s gone beyond the time when you should eat it. The fruit can be eaten plain, or added to a fruit salad for some mixed flavors.
Health Benefits :
Some benefits of adding the custard apple to your diet include :
1) Healthier skin –Studies have proven that by adding custard apples into your diet, you will see a noticeable change in your skin. Many people have reported that they experience fewer break outs and even notice a natural glow returning to their skin.
2) Stronger hair –The nutrients and vitamins found in this fruit help to strengthen hair and make it less likely to break. This gives hair a healthier and fuller look. Like with skin, custard apples give hair a natural shine that stays with you throughout the day.
3) Better digestion –Many people suffer from poor digestion, which can cause a wide variety of problems, such as weight gain, abdominal pain, problems using the bathroom, mood swings, and so much more. Custard apples will help you return your body to a more normal rhythm and will also promote healthy digestion. Not only will your body work better, but you will feel better than ever before.
4) Put on healthier weight –The sugars in this fruit will promote weight gain for those who are looking to have a more filled out figure. The great thing about this though, is that the weight gain will come from a healthy source, meaning you will look curvier and filled out without the negative health effects of gaining weight by eating too much or eating junk food.
5) Lessens stress – Custard apples naturally help to lower the body’s cortisol levels, meaning you will feel less stressed and more relaxed. For those individuals who work in jobs that are very stressful, or are going through very hard times in their lives, this is a healthy and all natural way to make sure you are taking care of your body and your mind without the negative side effects of medication or alcohol.
6) Fights depression – The natural occurring enzymes in the custard apples are known to help fight off the effects of depression. They help the brain return to a healthy equilibrium, and help the body heal any imbalances it is currently experiencing. Paired with a healthy diet and exercise, many people suffering from depression have noticed a significantly large improvement when they begin eating custard apples.