How to Get Rid of a Hangover Immediately
Drinking too much alcohol in a party, oftentimes, leads to a bad hangover which might ruin the next morning. The problem gets more serious if you have an office next day and got to go out for work. Although, this effect on biological and behavioral patterns is not harmful but, causes discomfort and uneasiness.
The common symptoms of hangover include headache, muscle ache, redness of eyes, thirst, fatigue, sensitivity to light and others. Certain mental symptoms include mood disturbances, anxiety and others.
Some of the common alcohol hangover problems have been discussed below at a greater detail:
- Since, alcohol directly hits the stomach, it causes inflammation. It happens especially if the stomach is empty when the alcohol is consumed. High alcohol concentration in the stomach might lead to a nausea tendency in people. This mainly happens as alcohol affects the liver, produces high level of gastric acid, and also shoots intestinal and pancreatic secretions. This is the main reason for generating a nausea feeling in some people.
- This nausea tendency, when gets more pronounced, leads to actual vomiting. This is a very common symptom of hangover in people who are not much alcohol resistant and throw up when consumed in large quantities. This vomiting can come along with a pain in the upper abdomen which is mainly the result of the gastrointestinal disturbances that happen after alcohol consumption.
- Headache is the most common symptom of an alcoholic hangover that troubles most people. The head experiences a pounding feeling which is mainly caused due to dehydration and the lowering of the blood sugar levels; alcohol has the potential of dilating the blood vessels which causes the headache. This is an uncomfortable feeling and can prevent you from doing regular work.
- Alcohol has a sedative effect on the brain which induces sleep very easily. However, there is a simultaneous fatigue and restlessness which prevent the person from falling asleep. Hence, there is a constant dizziness that one experiences after consuming a lot of alcohol. Alcohol disrupts the normal biological processes and cycles.
However, there are remedies to these hangover effects and it is not difficult to cure or prevent them at all. Taking alcohol in limited quantity is always favorable and if the following steps are followed then one need not face the problem of alcoholic hangover.
- One way of preventing hangover is eating before consuming alcohol. When consumed in empty stomach, alcohol affects the health more.
- There can be no alternative to drinking a plenty of water. The dehydration effect, produced by alcohol can only be combated by drinking sufficient quantity of water. Sports drink can also relieve people from symptoms of dizziness, headache, and lightheartedness and so on. This also restores the electrolyte balance of the body.
- Aspirin is a good drug to reduce and cure hangover effects, especially, if you are having headache and body pain. An aspirin tablet dissolved in a glass of water, if consumed in empty stomach can cure a lot of problems. However, one should abstain from taking aspirin if you are suffering from abdominal pain and gastrointestinal disturbances.
- Consuming coffee might give you instant result but the effect is not long lasting. Coffee might give you relief from symptoms like fatigue and headache. The caffeine content might initially and instantly energize you but, in the long run, it will only complicate matter and make things worse.
- The cysteine content of eggs is very useful in getting over the alcohol hangover. Having egg in the empty stomach can relieve a person from hangover effect of previous night’s alcohol consumption by flushing away toxins from the body.
- Certain fruits and vegetables that have high content of potassium should be consumed as alcohol fast depletes electrolytes and potassium from the body. Bananas, Bouillon soup, fruit juices and other vegetables should be consumed for this purpose.
Although, there are various ways to cure and relieve a person from the hangover effects, there can be no substitution of the saying that ‘prevention is better than cure’.
Alcohol or alcoholic beverages should always be consumed in limited quantity so that the question of hangover never arises. This is the best way to prevent hangover and its side effects.