How to make a Manhattan Drink – Manhattan Cocktail Recipe
Though there are hundreds in fact thousands of great cocktails which are available but one of the best and most liked is called Manhattan Cocktail. The best part about this drink is that it is very refreshing.
Manhattan Cocktail Recipe
- Three-Fourth Ounce Sweet Vermouth.
- Two and half ounce bourbon whiskey.
- One dash of Angostura bitters.
- One maraschino cherry.
- One orange peel twisted.
- In order to make Manhattan Cocktail, you need to mix vermouth, bourbon whiskey and bitters in a mixer. Once everything is mixed, then add few ice cubes and then shake it well. While shaking you need to make sure that the spirits don’t get bruised and don’t cloud the drink.
- The next step is to place the maraschino cherry into the glass and pour some whiskey mixture on the cherry. The final step is to rub the orange peel on the rim of the glass and twist it in such a way that the oils get released.
- Serve this drink chilled by adding one or 2 ice cubes.
What is so special about Manhattan Cocktail Drink ?
- Another best part about this drink is after the bubbles set in the drink tastes great and refreshing. You get a cool and calm mind after taking this drink. This drink is served in a low ball glass and is mostly served on the rocks.
- Apart from Bourbon whiskey, you can also use other different types of high class scotch whiskeys. Another most preferred whisky is Jack Daniels that be used while making Manhattan Cocktail.
- The concept of this drink originated in 1870’s at the Manhattan club and since then it has become so popular that it is included in almost every bar menu in the United States of America. There are some bars which also use dark rum while making this drink.