Milk Case Study: Nutritional Information & Facts
Milk as we all know is one of the most important parts of the human diet, not only milk, but products made from milk are essential for the overall body growth. Milk provides calcium which is essential for stronger bones. Apart from Calcium it also provides Vitamin D, phosphorous and many other important elements.
Another main benefit of drinking milk is it helps in re-hydrating the human body which means if you are not able to fetch water, then by drinking adequate amounts of milk you can have water elements also inside your body.
Here is the complete and detailed description about Milk, its nutritional information, facts and benefits.
Importance For Kids, Adults & Others
- As told earlier Milk is very important for overall body growth and the same way it is essential for kids, adults and everybody else. Kids during their initial years of growth require more amount of milk.
- For example an infant is immediately feed with mother’s milk because it consists of anti-bodies which are a must for the infant. This is the reason World Health Organization has always said that infants should be given mother’s moil for initial 6 months. It is easy to digest and provides all the essential nutrients to the infant.
- Milk can also be used for having a nice and glowing skin. Using of milk while taking bath is highly recommended, especially for small kids as it helps them to have a fair and glowing skin all throughout the life.
- If we talk about Milk’s nutritional information then we can say that it consists of proteins, fats, sugar, water, vitamins and minerals. However, composition of these nutrients differs as per the source of milk. Milk producing mammals include cows, sheep, buffaloes, goat and camel.
If we go into a little more detail milk consists of elements such as:-
- Iodine and Magnesium
- Pantothenic acid and Potassium
- Riboflavin and Selenium
- Vitamin A and Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D and Vitamin K
Milk also helps in avoiding cardiovascular diseases. There were few medical studies that were conducted in Japan and as per the studies, it was proved that daily and regular intake of milk helps in reducing the chances of stroke and cardiovascular diseases.
Milk also consists of magnesium and potassium which helps in reducing the high blood pressure, which further reduces the stress that is caused on the heart and veins.
Vitamins, Proteins- Actual Figures
100 grams of milk consist of proteins and here is the complete and detailed description of all those proteins that are present:
- Tryptophan-0.075 g
- Threonine-0.143 g
- Isoleucine-0.165 g
- Leucine- 0.265 g
- Lysine-0.140 g
- Methionine- 0.075 g
- Cysteine- 0.017 g
- Phenylalanine- 0.147 g
- Tyrosine- 0.152 g
- Valine- 0.192 g
- Arginine- 0.075 g
- Histidine- 0.075 g
- Alanine- 0.103 g
- Apartic acid- 0.237 g
- Glutamic acid- 0.648 g
- Glycine- 0.075 g
- Proline- 0.342 g
- Serine- 0.107 g
Vitamins Present in 100 ml of Milk
- Vitamin A Equivalent- 46 micrograms
- Thiamine ( B1)- 0.044 micrograms
- Riboflavin ( B2)- 0.183 microgram
- Vitamin B12- 0.45 microgram
- Choline- 14.3 mg
- Vitamin D- 2 IU
Few Important Facts About Milk
When it comes to collecting important facts about milk there are many interesting and good facts that are available. Here are few very important facts about milk.
- Milk helps in preventing Cancer. As per many medical researches that have been done, it has been found out that Cow’s milk consists of calcium and Vitamin D which helps in preventing Colon Cancer. This very important study was done in 2006 by British Scientists. As per the study it was also found out that a person who drinks less amounts or no amount of cow’s milk has got higher chancing of encountering colon cancer.
- Presence of good bacteria in the milk helps in the digestion. In fact, these bacteria help the milk to become easily digestible. The good bacteria that are present inside the milk are Lactobacillus, Pediococcus and Leuconostoc. All these bacteria and enzymes helps the proteins to break so that the milk becomes light and easy to digest.
- As per historical fact, humans started drinking milk during the 7th or 8th millennium B.C. During the 7th millennium people in Turkey and the Middle East started cultivating goats and sheep and many people also started grazing cows. It was then later found out that Milk can offer them with so many things such as cheese, butter and other sort of milk products.
- Milk helps in the formation of stronger bones and apart from Vitamin D which is found in abundance from sunlight it is Calcium which is present in Milk. There are many people who suffer from bone disorders such as osteoporosis and this situation can be easily avoided if people drink with proper amounts of milk. As per medical scientists it is essential to drink at least 2 glasses of drink in a day.
- If you are facing acidity related issues, then by drinking milk you can easily avoid acidity. It is always good to drink cold milk in the case of acidity as it helps in completely removing the acidity from human body. Moreover, it is easy to digest and after drinking 2 glasses of cold milk you can opt for a small 30 minute walk which is good for your health and overall body.
With so many benefits available one must drink enough milk and in order to ensure proper and healthy growth of the body milk is highly recommended. It has also been found out that people who drink at least 2 glasses of milk every day live a long life and does not face any sort of calcium deficiency or bone related disorders
during their old age.