Redline Energy Drink Review: Ingredients & Dangers
Vital Pharmaceuticals, Inc (short name VPX Sports) is the company behind the production of one of the most powerful Redline Energy drink. The drink is among the very few non-carbonated energy drinks till date. The company was initially founded in the year 1993 by Jack Owoc in Florida, United States and is aimed for the sports and the health enthusiasts.
They have extensively supported various science research, clinical tests and various studies over the years. Their list of supported universities includes University of Southern Maine, the Florida State University, Maine University and others.
Some of the common ingredients in the Redline energy drink are as follows:
- Caffeine Anhydrous
- Yerba Mate
- Evoburn (Pure Evodiamine)
- Guggulsterone E&Z
- 5-HTP (5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan)
- Green Tea
- cAMP (adenosine cyclic 3’5′-monophosphate)
Caffeine Content :
Redline contains a whooping 39.5mg caffeine/fl. oz. A full can contains 8 fl. oz or 236 ml in which a total of 316 mg caffeine is included. This much caffeine quantity makes it the most caffeinated energy drink till date.
Nutrition Facts :
Please note : The image above is showing contents as per 1/2 bottle or 4 fl. oz (120 ml).
- Per servings contains 316 mg of caffeine, which is a stimulant in most energy drinks and wakes up your nervous system, making you more aware and more physically active.
- Yerba mate, which is also an ingredient in this energy drink, is mainly found in the inlands of South Africa, is a stimulant herb, a lot like caffeine, and has a stimulating effect on the heart muscles, increasing the heart rate.
- Like capsaicin, evoburn is said to burn the fat content in the body, particularly by raising the body’s temperature.
- Yomhibine HCL is aphrodisiac in nature. Some studies have shown that this helps burn excess fat in athletes and body builders, especially when combined with exercise.
Available Flavors :
The Redline energy drink comes in six different flavors, as listed below :
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Peach Mango
- Triple Berry
- Mandarin Orange
Benefits and Uses :
- Used for a quick burst of energy when playing sports or even before or during a workout routine at the gym.
- Some people occasionally use it for its weight loss properties.
- The caffeine content in the Redline energy drink is used to wake you up, especially when you are feeling tired and your muscles feel sore.
- It is also used to create and stimulate mental awareness and alertness, and fight inertia especially after a tiring day.
Taste review :
People are not exactly fond of its taste( it has no added sugar), but they admit that this definitely works.
Redline Energy Drink Side Effects :
1) Caffeine quantity clearly dangerous to health :
Redline Energy Drink consists of 39.5 mgs of caffeine per fluid ounce. This is very high, when compared to other energy drinks, and prolonged use can lead to caffeine deposition in the bloodstream, leading to increased blood pressure.
Caffeine also happens to be a diuretic, and therefore, over-consumption of caffeine can cause serious kidney problems and in some cases, kidney failure.
2) Too much sodium content
Though it is good, but simply not in that much quantity. The sodium content in the energy drink is extremely bad, because it hampers the sodium pump in the blood, and can cause kidney problems.
3) Not to be mixed with Alcohol
The Redline energy drink should never be consumed with any alcoholic beverages. This is because the energy drink makes the alcohol kick in quite later, which raises the risk of overconsumption. Both can cause severe dehydration, extreme nausea and vomiting and also breathing problems.
4) Over-consumption is a risk for life
Over consumption can cause a number of disorders and symptoms like flushed skin, increased heart rate and anxiety attacks. In some cases, uncontrolled consumption of such energy drinks can cause uncontrolled increase in the heart rate, leading to cardiac arrest and even death.
In extreme cases, an individual may suffer from shivering, nausea and even severe diarrhea due to excess consumption of caffeine.
A few Safety rules :
Under no circumstances should a person drink more than one serving at once, because it can lead to low blood pressure, chills, progressive kidney failure and severe organ failure. Such energy drinks can also become severely addictive, leading to dependency.
People who have a problem with natural blood clotting, should avoid the redline energy drink because one of its ingredients, that is Vinpocetine, can considerably increase the risk of accidental bleeding and internal hemorrhagic may also compromise the immune system of some people.
Daily Use Limit :
The VPX Sports company suggests that you use 1.5 fl. oz. of the Redline energy drink at first, just to see how it affects you. They also suggest that you should not drink more than one bottle in seven hours.
Death News Associated with the Drink :
Although there have not been any deaths, but a large number of extreme cases from drinking Redline energy drink, where people have ended up in hospitals. One man in Texas had to be hospitalized due to increased heart rate and numbness in the limbs ten hours of consuming Redline.
Redline® Xtreme RTD consisting of 4 packs each, costs $14.76,
Redline® RTD 4 pack costs $13.16
while the Redline® Xtreme Shot consisting of 6 packs costs $19.74.