Rip It Energy Drink : Ingredients, Flavours, Caffeine
Nick A. Caporella is quite known for owning the manufacturing company of Rip It Energy Drink, the National Beverage Corp. Now, it has become the fifth largest energy drink producer in USA.
In fact, this company was acquired by Nick A. Caporella in order to fend off an undesired acquisition. Nick A. Caporella owns 77 percent of the shares in National Beverage Corp. Mr. Nick A. Caporella is the Chairman and the CEO of the company.
Based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the company initially kicked off its operations as a soft drink manufacturers. It not only manufactures and develops the Rip It energy drink but it is also responsible for wholesome distribution. It was founded in the year of 1985 and since then it has made a marvelous progress by becoming the fifth largest soft drink manufacturer in the United States of America.
Ingredients of Rip It Energy Drink
Here is the list of the main ingredients :
- Carbonated water
- High fructose corn syrup
- Citric acid
- Natural flavor
- Sodium citrate
- Sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives)
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
- Guarana seed extract
- Ester gum
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6)
- Yellow 5
- Folic acid
- Yellow 6
- Cyanocobalamin (bitamin B12)
On the average one serving of Rip It Power energy drink, it gives 130 calories. It contains 66 Grams of sugar per 16 ounces.
Every one ounce of Rip It energy drink offers 10 mg of Caffeine. It means that you are going to intake 100 mg of it when you drink one can which is 240 ml. As compared with other energy drinks like 5 Hour Energy Drink, it contains quite a low amount of Caffeine.
This energy drink is available in the following flavor variants:
- A’tomic Pom
- Citrus X*
- Lime Wrecker
- Red Zone
- Sting-Er Mo
Different variants are also available in sugar-free versions.
Most commonly used for :
- The Rip It energy drink is most commonly used to give you mental alertness and the ability to stay awake and focused for a few hours, especially when you are feeling lethargic. That is why it is widely used by students.
- This energy drink is also used to give you a quick shot of energy and calories, and that is why it is also used widely during any workout sessions, intense play offs and so on and so forth.
- Since it has a boost of caffeine, a lot of people also use it during their morning routines so that they can get enough calories and energy throughout the day.
Taste review :
Most people who have tasted the Rip It energy drink says it tastes sweet, but isn’t too sweet. It does not have any medicinal or metallic aftertaste like most other energy drinks in the market.
Let’s analyze the nutrition facts of consuming the Rip It energy drinks.
- Taurine is one of the top ingredients found in the energy drinks that help build and repair the cell membranes to give you a readily healthful active life. This not only helps in processing multiple elements found in the human body but also rejuvenates the whole body metabolism.
- Citric Acid is helpful when your body cells need extra energy. This helps in deriving energy shots by converting the nutritional elements into energy. Human body also produces citric acid by burning the Carbs to produce the required levels of energy.
- Inositol, a sugar-like carbohydrate, is quite popular for converting the fats in the liver into the energy. They help improving the insulin function. It helps overcoming anxiety.
- Guarana seed extract has been widely used by the Amazon people and it is still being used as a medicine to cure obesity. It helps in rapid weight loss. It is also famous for being one of the best athletic performance enhancers.
Side Effects of Rip It Energy Drink
1) Still too much caffeine
The main side effect of Rip It energy drink is the heavy amount of caffeine which can cause many cardiac issues including rapid palpitation, strokes, heartbeat, etc. The caffeine when taken in without proper medication can cause death in some persons. Also, Caffeine, when taken in excess amounts, can cause a sudden increase in blood pressure, lack of sleep and inability to focus.
2) You may feel tired when the positive effects ends
Caffeine blocks your receptors for neurotransmitters in the brain, which send fatigue signals to the body. Therefore, you feel energetic after consuming the Rip It energy drink, but when the drink is eroded from the system, all of the receptors are flooded with the neurotransmitters, making you sleepy and lethargic.
3) Synthetic Taurine may induce serious addictions
Although taurine is good for the cardiovascular system, But in energy drinks synthetic taurine is used which can be very harmful. Some of the common side effects of synthetic taurine include high blood pressure and even a heart attack. If nothing else, long term use of taurine causes a serious case of dependency.
4) HFCS is really dangerous
First of all, sugar is harmful; secondly, its the worst form of sugar i.e. HFCS. All of the sugar contained in the Rip It energy drink, including the high fructose corn syrup is extremely bad for your body because not only it causes you to be obese and unhealthy, but it also increases the level of “bad” cholesterol, thereby leading to cardiovascular problems.
Sugar is 25 gram per 250 ml, it is not too much but its still not something you should ignore. Unless you go for the sugar-free versions of Rip It energy drinks, you are bound to intake a huge amount of sugar with every sip.
4) Nausea, flatulence and other gastric problems can be encountered if the user is sensitive to inositol.
5) May affect motor functions if combined with Alcohol
In a recent research, scientists found out that whatever taurine content reaches the brain, it has a sedative effect, that is, it makes you drowsy. As a result, the Rip It energy drink should never be consumed with alcohol because it can easily double the effect, impairing your impulses, motor functions and vision.
Daily use limit :
It is suggested that one should not consume more than three cans of the Rip It energy drink during a single day.
So far, there have been news about the deaths caused by other energy drinks but no death has been reported by the use of Rip It energy drinks.
Price and Sales
In 2015 alone, the Rip It energy drink made more than 22 million dollars from sales. Although Rip It was extremely popular and widely used in the combat forces, it was recently pulled off of their shelves during the year 2015.