Top 10 Mexican Alcoholic Drinks
When it comes to serving top most Mexican Alcoholic drinks at a party or get together, there are plenty of choices that are available. The best part about Mexican drinks is that they are very easy to make and are also getting quite popular among lots of people.
Read below the top rank holders Mexican drinks in Alcoholic category explained in detail for your reference.
10 Most Popular Mexican Alcoholic Drinks
Margarita is one of the top most served Mexican alcoholic drink.
- The ingredients that are required for making this drink are 2 ounces of tequila, 1 red chili crushed, half ounce agave nectar and one ounce of fresh lime juice.
- Mix everything pretty well and serve it with ice cubes and a few leaves of cilantro.
- Preparation time for this drink is around 5 minutes.
2) Mandarin Margarita
Mandarin Margarita is almost similar to normal Margarita and the only difference is that one cup fresh tangerine juice is used.
- Mix this one cup fresh tangerine juice with one cup of ice and add three ounces of Tequila.
- Pour one tablespoon of agave nectar and serve chilled.
- The average preparation time for this drink is around 5 minutes.
3) Tequila Sunrise
Also known as IBA Official Cocktail, the name totally reflects once it is served in highball glass. Its color totally resembles the sunrise.
- The ingredients that are required for making this drink are one and a half ounce of Tequila, four ounces of fresh orange juice and one dash of grenadine.
- All these ingredients are required to be poured into a manual mixer and mix them well.
- Serve chilled and for dressing use an orange wedge at the top. It normally takes 4 to 5 minutes to prepare this drink.
4) Mexican beer with Tomato Juice
This Mexican drink is also called as Chavela.
- The ingredients that are required for making this drink are three ounces of tomato juice, a few dashes of hot sauce, twelve ounces of light Mexican beer, kosher salt for rimming the glass and a lemon wedge for garnishing.
- You need to mix all the ingredients in a smooth manner and decorate the glass with a lemon wedge and salt on the rim of the glass.
- You can also add a few ounces of tequila, but that is optional.
- The time taken for making this drink is around 5 to 6 minutes.
5) Cucumber and chili Margarita
This Mexican drink is one of the latest drinks that is being made and served.
- The ingredients that are required for making this drink are one and a half ounce of Tequila, one and a half ounce of Cointreau, one fourth cup fresh lime juice, 7 to 8 slices of cucumber, cayenne pepper, one lime wedge, some kosher salt and ice cubes.
- The time taken for making this drink is about 10 minutes and in order to prepare this drink you need to mix all the ingredients properly and throw cucumber slices into it.
- Serve chilled with kosher salt rubbed on the rims of the glass and attach a lemon wedge.
6) Mexican Stand-off
The highly popular Mexican drink known all over.
- In order to make Mexican Standoff the ingredients that are required are one and a half ounces of vodka and three ounces of pineapple juice.
- Mix both of these ingredients in a mixer and serve it chilled with ice cubes into it.
- There is no need to garnish this drink and serve it in a simple glass.
- This is one of the easiest Mexican drinks to make as it only takes 3 minutes to get prepared.
7) El Marrano Michelada Cocktail
The red looking cocktail sour made with juices, Mexican beer and pinch of salt.
- Take one glass full of Mexican beer and add one beet-root juice into it.
- Put some ice cubes into it and half lime juice.
- Rub some bacon salt on the rims of the glass and serve it chilled.
- Time taken to prepare this drink is around 3 to 4 minutes.
8) Aqua Frescos
Aqua Frescos is made from Papaya, tamarind pulp and vodka. If you can take out fresh tamarind pulp at home, then its better.
- Mix all these ingredients well and put some ice cubes into it.
- Suggested garnishing for this drink are few mint leaves.
9) Mojito made with Mint
Mojito is a alcoholic drink made with rum, some sweeteners and juices. The mint flavors make it different from others.
- In order to make perfect Mojito you need to have lots of fresh mint leaves.
- There is a restaurant in San Francisco, which uses 100 pounds of mint leaves for making 1000 Mojitos in a week.
- Mix 3 ounces of rum, one teaspoon of lime juice and mint leaves and served chilled with lots of crushed ice into it.
10) Sonoran Sunset drink
When served in a glass, it gives you the complexion of sunset.
- In order to make this drink you need to mix few soft pears and grapefruit juice with a few ounces of tequila into it.
- You can garnish this drink with red berries and serve this drink as chilled.
- You can also add one tablespoon of honey into this drink if you want.
- Time takes for preparing this drink is about 4 to 5 minutes.